Tuesday, January 23, 2007

procrastination nation

I know this blog reads like a redux of Craftzine's blog, only three days later. So sad! I try to keep up with it, and I keep meaning to e-mail the Web sites I troll and try to exchange links or whatever it is people do nowadays, but I usually only spend time blogging at work. Like you don't!

I have started a new knitting project. The crochet blanket is still underway (18? 19? stripes), and I am attempting my first socks with some lovely sock yarn from Sweeden. I will never give my roommate a sweater, in keeping with old wive's tale tradition, but what's the harm in some socks for Valentine's Day? I figure they will be so malformed (as it is my first attempt) that it's hardly much of a gift.

A sweater for me, now that's another story. I generally look bad in sweaters that are boxy and bulky but my skill level is nowhere near knitting a fitted one. But this, this doesn't look bad at all.

I am this far along: I realized I might have to get some bigger needles, so threw it on a 29-inch circular. This will mark my first attempt at a large-scale project as well. I have a sinking fear the gauge is all wrong, but I can always give it to a narrow-shouldered friend.

No comments: