Monday, January 21, 2008

the one where i am productive

I had a very simple list of things to do with my long MLK Jr. weekend, and I am happy to be able to tick them off.

The first and foremost was to scan the first pictures taken with the Diana+ camera I got for Christmas. 120 processing is not cheap and while I clearly have a long way to go, I am getting there, one day at a time. Sha lala la.

I also tracked down and visited the Save-A-Thon fabric on Flatbush and Caton Avenues to pick up some supply. I needed a grommet pliers (some musicians had a suggestion for my drumstick cases, which I will be putting back up on etsy soon) and vinyl. Which, I also managed to learn how to spell this week. Nice! It is nowhere near as convenient as the one on Bridge Street was, but I have to make do.

Sometime in the spring I am planning on a tour-de-force of the big three: JoAnn’s, Michael’s, and AC Moore’s, which I have never stepped inside of. The fun part of that trip will be that it leads to Staten Island, a mythical land where all three reside. I miss my Borough Park Rag Shop dearly as well, but this should be fun for laughs. I have been on Staten Island exactly twice, not counting driving through on the highway, so I am excited to see if I come back alive.

As for today, it is not even noon, and I have been more productive than I have in a long time.

To wit:
That is my first, and rather successful attempts at buttonholes and sewing vinyl. I am shocked! This machine is not too shabby. I sort of half-heartedly named her Tiffany a while back. I am in debt to her. The vinyl is for a new project I hope to make some inventory for, and the buttonholes were as well. I will leave you in suspense.

No comments: