Friday, February 15, 2008

I took an amazingly productive day off from work on Wednesday - I called it working from home, and I did answer a few e-mails to that effect, but mostly I worked on some things that had been piling up. After phone calls, cleaning, and browsing, I came across this pattern for over mitts on Design Sponge, and decided to sit down and make something for myself, for once, with fabric that I actually liked. Usually, that fabric stays carefully folded and unused because I have problems letting go. But the pattern was fun, worked up quickly (to borrow a knitting term) and made me feel even more super productive that I answered some more work e-mails just to have a banner day.

The thumb turned out a little wonky, probably because I used batting AND terry cloth on one side to make sure they were safe for the heat. They were, and I overcooked some brownies later that night, just to make sure.

I am off for a relaxing few days in New Jersey. Enjoy your hopefully long weekend, and I have a feeling things will be re-launching when I resume posting.

No comments: