Wednesday, December 20, 2006

maybe a trip to Cute Overload will save me...


Ugh! Worst week!

Here I was, assuming I was ahead of the game, getting the bulk of my Christmas shopping done over the Internet last week and leaving just a few picky things to get. I could take this week to relax, bake, and bask in the glow of our beautiful Christmas tree with the old-fashioned big glass bulbs. Like a twenty-something grandma, yes, but relaxed!

The reality is, of course, that it is already Wednesday, the production schedule has been pushed forward two days, the Christmas tree is dying since the stand no longer holds water and the bulbs broke when it fell – twice - last week, and I am panicking as to how I can afford all the “little picky gifts” I left until the last minute. I was “shopping” on our review books shelf earlier for back up gifts, in case I can’t find the exact Irvine Welsh book my brother wants, or something that is just the right amount of heartfelt without being showy to my manfriend’s parents. Not to mention the gifts I still have to make. My god.

I hope this all pays off in dividends when I can have next Tuesday off and get back to getting shit done, something I am usually so good at…

No comments: