Thursday, December 07, 2006

this weekend in craft



















Looks like there are lots of crafty wares for sale in NYC this weekend:

Saturday “is the G running?” in Williamsburg

BUST mag’s Holiday Craftacular

Booze, handmade stuff, and I am sure a shit ton more.
11 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Warsaw, 261 Driggs Ave. (at Eckford)

Fred Flare's Carnival of Cute
While not exactly a craft fair as much as a pop-up store, they are having a big ‘do. Amy Sedaris will be there, for chrissakes. That’s pretty huge.
11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Fred Flare, 175 N. 10th Street #3

Sunday “chock full of brunchers” in the City

New York City craft fair
Wren Handmade is helping to organize this, which D*s says will feature perch!, deadly squire, laurice curran, kristen mccloud, donna jo brady, alyssa ettinger, wren handmade and more.
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Divine studio, 21 E. 4th street, suite 605


A personal goal I have is to be in a craft fair next year. While I would love to get my things together for The Renegade Craft Fair, now spanning like a million cities, I should remember to think small and local, too. At least to get my feet wet. While I would be swallowed up by the myriad semi-famous and multi-talented people at McCarran Park, I walked through a holiday craft fair at a local Park Slope high school last weekend and while there were a lot of people there (and a lot of kids), yet no one was peddling stuff like mine. I kept thinking how I would have made a killing. How does one hear about these things?

The best resource I have seen on craft fairs was Loose Tooth’s Craft Show 101

No comments: